Monday, November 25, 2019

Music Video: Filming at Garage

     Over the weekend, I began filming my music video. Originally, the plan was to film at my grandparent's garage on Saturday and film at the arcade on Sunday. However, because of work schedules that were out of my control, I couldn't film on Saturday at all. Once Sunday came, I decided that I would film at the arcade at a later date. Through research online, I found out that filming is allowed at the arcade, as long as certain conditions are met. I can't film employees or other guests without their explicit permission, long chunks of game play, or use a tripod. I will remember this information for when I do film at that location. Ultimately, I decided to film at the garage on Sunday because it was more easily accessible.

    When I arrived to the garage, I realized that my tripod didn't come with a plate. Luckily, my grandfather had a handheld monopod with a plate I could borrow. I leaned the monopod against the tripod so it would stand on it's own. It didn't allow for much camera movement, but it had to do. Another piece of tech I had to prepare was the blue lighting. I had brought blue gel paper to layer over my phone's flashlight to create a blue lighting effect. However, the garage I was filming in happened to have a lantern-type light that I could place the gel paper into (picture below), which would be easier to move around compared to my phone. This was very beneficial to the filming process.



    With the technical aspects finished, it was time to film. The main shots I had to film at the garage were a pan of the tools, a medium shot of me sitting at the workbench, and a closeup of the blueprints. The clip attached above is one of the shots I got of the pan. I like this the most one out of all the takes. However, this is a cropped version because the light could be seen for a few seconds on the left midway through. I may also slow the clip down a little bit.



    This was the best take of the medium shot. I think the only issue with it is the fact that the paper I'm looking at can't be seen. I don't think I captured it in any of the takes, though, which is my mistake.



 


    These two shots are of the blueprint closeup. I wasn't able to find any fake blood, so I used makeup with a blood consistency instead. Because of this, I had to act fast because I wasn't sure if the makeup would stain or get sticky after a while. I didn't want to experiment because I didn't feel like ruining someone else's property. I will need to slow these clips down and try to make them less shaky.



No comments:

Post a Comment