Monday, November 18, 2019

Music Video Planning Blog

Location- There are two main locations in my music video: an arcade and a garage. 

   Ideally, the arcade I film at would be Dave and Busters. This is because I know the layout of the building, which would allow for a faster filming process. Additionally, the lighting and general vibes of Dave and Busters matches what I want in my music video. I will have to call and ask to see if it's ok to film there. If I am told no, I will research other arcades nearby that I could film at. As a backup, there's a place in Fort Lauderdale that is a lot bigger and may be more lenient in allowing me to film.

   The garage will be easier to film at. My grandparents have a garage with a workbench that has the tools I need. It also has a dirty and worn look that I am looking for. The lighting may be an issue at this location, but I can work around it. Because the location is owned by my family, I won't need to ask for any special permissions to film.

Health and Safety- While driving to and from the locations, I will use a seatbelt. I will be under supervision while using the tools in the garage and won't utilize the power tools. While at the arcade, I will film in a secluded area to protect nearby people's safety and respect their privacy.

Props- An arcade cabinet is an integral prop that I will use in my music video. This is why it's important that I film in an arcade. I will also need an assortment of tools, like wrenches and screwdrivers. I will also need fake blood or red food dye. While not exactly a prop that will be seen on screen, I will need bright colored lights to make the lighting interesting and colorful.

Costumes- I have a silver trenchcoat that will work well in conveying a futuristic aesthetic. I also have some jewelry that will also help with selling the aesthetic. There is a shot that is a close up on my hand, so I will put on silver nail polish. Because my head won't be in a lot of shots, I won't be wearing any makeup or glasses. 

Schedule- Because I am leaving the country on 12/6, I will not be working on the music video on that day and after that. My music video must be done on 12/5, as opposed to the original 12/9 due date.

11/18: Planning and storyboarding

11/19: Finish storyboarding and write a blog about the process.

11/20: Turn in plan and storyboard to teachers and check out a camera.

11/21 - 11/22: Call the managers of the locations I am planning to film at to see if I am allowed to record. Because of my parents' work schedules, I will not be able to go out to film on these days.

11/23: If I am allowed to, I will film at Dave and Busters on this day. If not, I will use this day to find other arcades that will allow filming.

11/24: If I was unable to film at Dave and Busters the prior day, I will film at a different arcade today. If I was able to film on the 23rd, I will take this day to make plans to film at my grandparent's garage.

11/25: Assuming both filming days were successful, all my footage would have been recorded. I won't have anything to do on this day, because I don't have my media studies class then.

11/26: Return the camera and begin editing.

11/27 - 12/2: This week is Thanksgiving Break. Because I don't have access to Pinnacle Studios outside of school, I will use this week to plan out exactly how I want to edit the video so I will be prepared for when I am back in school.

12/3: Finish editing.

12/4: Begin to work on CCR questions.

12/5: Turn in finished music video and CCR.

No comments:

Post a Comment