Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

      I'm Ava and I am a sophomore taking AICE Media Studies. Originally, I joined this class because I thought it'd be mildly interesting. However, after a year, I have a new appreciation for film making. I've found that I enjoy the pre-production process and have discovered that I enjoy storyboarding and planning out stories. This class has encouraged me to want to pursue writing as a hobby. This year, I have worked on a commercial and a music video. Today, I will be beginning the final task: making a two minute introduction to a movie. I will be working alone for this project because I think it will be more efficient. I won't have to work around other people's schedules.

     Throughout the year, I have gone from knowing very little about the film-making process to being able to make two full projects. Before this year, I hadn't used any high-quality camera equipment like the ones we utilize in class. I had only used one editing program and only knew how to do basic cuts and transitions. After completing the commercial and music video, I learned how to handle a camera and use more complex editing techniques. Specifically, I am now able to add, cut, edit, and overlay sound in Pinnacle Studios. However, for the final task, I am most excited to put my new knowledge of camera angles to use during the production process. In class and through the music video project, I learned about how different angles can be used as storytelling devices. I think this information will help me make a visually interesting movie introduction and enhance the filming experience.

       A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. This type of pitch is specifically called an "elevator pitch", and it's typically 1-2 sentences. I have come up with 3 pitch ideas I am interested in using for my final task:
  1. Pitch 1: A man will do anything it takes to protect the strange secrets behind his fortune.
  2. Pitch 2: When a foreboding nuclear test site is disturbed, a town must cope with it's disastrous effects.
  3. Pitch 3: A man with the ability to know the exact consequences of his actions uses his power for frivolous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment