Friday, April 17, 2020

"Place of Honor" CCR

This is the CCR for my final project. In my CCR, in addition to answering the required questions, I talk about the inspiration behind my film. The title of my film is Place of Honor. This is a reference to what inspired my idea. We have nuclear waste buried across the world. This waste won’t decay and will be dormant for centuries. However, people in the future won’t realize this, as everyone who was around when the nuclear waste was first buried will be dead. So, the United Nations wrote a hypothetical message to warn future generations about this danger. It’s called the long-time nuclear waste warning. It essentially simplifies the situation into a short message about how “something dangerous” is buried and that everyone should stay away. In this message, they say, “This is not a place of honor”. This line resonated with me and really inspired me to go with this idea for my final task. The inspiration is also present in the shooting script, but I wasn't able to see that idea through because of my inability to get the props in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment