Monday, April 6, 2020

"Place of Honor" Final




This is the finished version of my final task. Place of Honor is an apocalypse movie about a girl who finds out the deadly secret of a nuclear waste site and must deal with the aftermath.

With my final task done, I can reflect on my year in media studies. Overall, my time in this class has been productive. Watching myself progress from making a short, 30 second commercial to a full, 2 minute film opening has been satisfying. I think that my final task is a culmination of everything I’ve learned. Throughout the year, I learned that my favorite part of the film making process is the pre-production phase. I find conceptualizing ideas and storyboarding them out is fun. Actually having to go through with those ideas, though, is a frustrating process for me. I don't enjoy the production or post-production phases. I think having to edit my final task and its CCR was my least favorite experience in this class. Even though I didn’t enjoy the process, I’m proud of my work, especially considering the restrictions I had throughout this project, whether it be budget, time, or a pandemic. I’m glad I went with this pitch idea and I’m glad I got to create this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment