Thursday, April 2, 2020

Reshoot Blog: Quarantine

    All filming for my project has been cancelled. I can't reshoot anything because of stay at home orders. The only location I had to film at was the beach. Therefore, I have to keep all my footage as is. Thankfully, I edited everything at home so all my footage is saved to my personal computer, so I can work with everything available. The main problem I'm facing now is that I can't shoot anything to help make my story more clear. I will have to rely solely on editing to tell the story. I did all I could do while re-editing to make the story clear. Between my inability to film further and adding some edits to my film, I have decided that my final project is complete.

   Because I have nothing left to do, I'm beginning to think about the creative critical reflection. The questions I have to answer are:
  1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues?
  2. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
  3. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?
  4. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?
   I'm not sure how I will answer the first question, but I know that I will discuss working around sudden, unpredictable problems for question 2. Through the coronavirus crisis, I have developed the skill of being flexible when it comes to scheduling and planning. For question 3, I'll discuss how I had to try out multiple different editing programs and how editing from home was in general. For the second part of question 4, I would distribute my film through streaming services. I think I'll talk about how having to self-isolate further pushed my decision to release content on streaming sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment