Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the Commercial

     The editing process was difficult. However, this was mostly for technical reasons. The computer I had dumped on did not have the correct editing program. I had to move my footage onto a different computer. I did this by moving the folder with my videos on it into a USB flashdrive. I moved to a new computer. However, this one was unable to connect to the school's internet. Therefore, I could not log on and use it. Eventually, though, I was able to log on and at least import my videos into Pinnacle Studios. I was not able to edit down these clips.

    Before the import could be done, though, I had to re-dump. I put all the files from my USB into the new computer. Once I had ensured that the videos had been put onto the computer, I removed the USB. I opened Pinnacle Studios. It took a while to load and open up. Once Pinnacle Studios was ready to be used, I clicked the import button. This is located in the top right of the program. From there, I selected each of the videos individually so they could be imported. Later on, I realized that I could have instead just clicked the folder to select all the raw footage at once. The footage had begun the importing process. 

  The footage took a long time to import. I found this interesting because I didn't have that much footage. Additionally, most of the footage was short. I theorized that it was because of the computer, rather than the program. Eventually, the import was finished and my footage was on Pinnacle Studios. I could not begin to actually edit because of time restraints. Next class, I am planning to cut down the footage and edit out unneeded bits. I will also need to detach the audio and replace it with my voiceover. I may also need to add text and a few transitions. I will allot time to do these things next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment