Thursday, October 10, 2019

Planning Blog

      The commercial I have planned will have a person sitting with a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. They will be looking for inspiration for an art project. The deadline is approaching and they're nervous, until they begin thinking about the coffee in front of them. They describe the coffee's flavors and subtly explains the product. At the end, the person has calmed down. A smile appears on their face. They're inspired and begin to draw. The Dunkin' logo fades in over a sketch of a coffee cup. The entire video will be done with a voiceover narration added in post. Below is a list of the props and costumes I will need, along with the locations I will be filming at and the backup plans in case the location can't be attained.

1) Props
*Dunkin' Donuts cup
*Dunkin' Donuts bag
*Dunkin' Donuts donut box
     -Because of how simple most Dunkin' commercials are (only really showing the product being eaten or looked at by consumers), the props I will need are limited.
*Whipped cream
*Cinnamon powder

     -To sell the illusion that there is a real drink in the cup, I will fill the cup with whipped cream and put the cinnamon powder on top.

*Sketchbook
*Pencil

2) Costumes
*Everyday clothes
     -The costumes don't have a significant impact on the commercial because the subject is an average person.

3) Schedule
*10/10: planning
*10/14: storyboarding
*10/21: filming/begin editing
       -The filming required for my commercial is minimal, so if time allows, I will begin editing on this day.
*10/23: finish editing

4) Location List
*Interior cafeteria
      -The cafeteria is the location that is closest to looking like a restauraunt on campus. This is the ideal location to film the commercial, as it would be the most fitting place to film an ad about food.

5) Backup Plans
*Alternative locations
     -If I am not allowed to film inside the cafeteria, I have two backup plans: the senior patio or outside of the cafeteria. The senior patio has tables that would be visually appealing for the commercial and would look similar to how outdoor seating of a Dunkin' Donuts looks.
      -If the senior patio already has a lot of people filming in it, I will move to the exterior of the cafeteria. The reasoning for this is similar to why I would move to the senior patio. Additionally, it has covered areas in the event that it rains.

*Wind
   -The props I'm using are light because they are empty, so wind would make it difficult for them to stay still while filming. If there is wind, I will place heavy objects I have in my bookbag inside the props to keep them from moving around.
     -Additionally, wind would make it hard for the sketchbook's paper to stay still. In this case, I will tape pages together in a way that would make the tape not able to be seen on camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment