Monday, October 28, 2019

Filming Blog

   I was the only person in my group, so I did the entireity of the filming. I set up the tripod and camera. Before this, I had never used a tripod. Over the course of the filming period, I learned how to properly extend the legs. There are 3 clips on each leg. When the clip is unlocked, that section of the leg is able to move freely. When it is locked, the leg won't move. There was a level on the tripod that allowed me to see if the tripod was even, which I found interesting. Additionally, I learned how to properly attach and detach the camera from the tripod. At the beginning of filming, I put the camera on incorrectly. This lead to shaky videos and a difficult time trying to move the tripod. However, I fixed this early on and filming went smoothly. The experience was very hands on, which helped me better understand the tools. 
    I also directed the commercial. I followed the storyboard near exactly. However, I changed the location from a table to a bench. This was because the bench allowed for a better looking visual. The table was against a dirty, gray wall. The bench, however, had a green field behind it. Being both a director and an actor, I self-directed myself. I adjusted my acting based on how it showed up on the camera. This let me have full creative control over the commercial. I got to ensure my vision was seen through fully.
   As I previously mentioned, I was also the sole actor in the commercial. This was difficult, since I have no acting ability whatsoever. Because of the simplicity of the commercial, though, I think I did ok. I mostly acted as a regular person would. There were no special costumes or long lines to learn. The hard part was staying in frame. It wasn't easy trying to find an angle that worked that was also comfortably fit in frame. After each take, I had to rewatch what I filmed and adjust myself based on that. Overall, the filming process was easy. I learned a lot about each aspect of the process by myself, which I think enhanced my understanding. This will allow me to better help my teammates in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment